Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a very flavorful, easy meal that goes over well with the kids. Serve over rice or pasta. If you'd like it thicker, add some tomato paste. I like it more soupy so it soaks into the rice. Makes a good freezer meal. Adapted from Saving Dinner.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients in crockpot. Turn on low for 7 hours. Flake apart chicken and serve over brown rice.
- If freezing, put all ingredients in a zip lock bag. When ready to use, add all ingredients into crockpot. Cook for 7 hours on high.
My entire family loved this! Even the picky eaters. I used a turkey kielbasa and brown rice. It was yummy!
Delish! My picky kids licked their plates clean.