1/3 Photos of Chicken Jambalaya
An easy version of popular Cajun dish that can be prepared in one pot. From US Rice Council.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb smoked turkey sausage, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (caution!)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in hot oil in large saucepan.
- 2Add sausage and cook an another 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Remove meats from pan; set aside.
- 4Cook onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in same saucepan over medium-high heat until slightly softened.
- 5Stir in rice, cayenne pepper, broth, tomatoes, chicken and sausage; bring to a boil.
- 6Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 855.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g