1/2 Photos of Chicken Jalfrezi
I love a good curry. It might be a Vindaloo, Rogan Josh, Madras or a mild Korma. This recipe comes from good old blighty and really packs a punch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
For the marinade
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt (to taste)
For the vegetable mix
- 2 onions (peeled and thickly sliced or chopped)
- 2 green peppers (de-seeded and cubed 1-inch pieces)
- 2 -3 hot green chili peppers, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into medium wedges
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or cooking oil)
For the curry
- 1Mix ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam masala and salt together. Coat chicken with this mix and allow to marinate for 3-4 hours.
- 2Heat oil or ghee in a wok or skillet. Add sliced onions, green chillies and green peppers and fry for a couple of minutes.
- 3Add tomato wedges, stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
- 4Heat 2 tbs oil or ghee in a clean skillet or wok, add marinated chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- 5Add chili powder, tomato puree, water and cook on low heat until chicken is cooked through and tender. Add fried vegetables, prepared earlier, and stir.
- 6Turn heat off. Add the cilantro. Give it a quick stir and serve hot with basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Jalfrezi
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.9
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 330.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 56.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: