Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request. The original poster was "Dee"
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe deserves a whole sky "flooded" with stars! I made this for lunch this afternoon and everyone who had it says they want to have it for dinner too. I made it equivalent to 4 servings. I did use the tomato paste but the tomato slipped my sight. Generally, vegetable jalfrezi is a favourite with me, now my mom and brother say that this one's a favourite with them:) Thank you for the fabulous recipe. Will make it many many times!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with salt, turmeric, chili powder and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over high heat add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Add the coriander, cumin, tomatoes, green peppers and mix well.
- Cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- Add a bit of water if too thick.
- Add the tomato paste and Garam Masala, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- (at this point start removing any fat as it floats to the top) Remove from heat, taste and adjust seasonings, top with chopped cilantro and serve with rice.