This recipe is posted by request. The original poster was "Dee"
Make and share this Chicken Jalfrezi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with salt, turmeric, chili powder and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over high heat add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Add the coriander, cumin, tomatoes, green peppers and mix well.
- Cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- Add a bit of water if too thick.
- Add the tomato paste and Garam Masala, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- (at this point start removing any fat as it floats to the top) Remove from heat, taste and adjust seasonings, top with chopped cilantro and serve with rice.