1/1 Photo of Chicken Jalfrezi
This recipe is posted by request. The original poster was "Dee"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with salt, turmeric, chili powder and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet over high heat add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add Chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- 4Add the coriander, cumin, tomatoes, green peppers and mix well.
- 5Cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- 6Add a bit of water if too thick.
- 7Add the tomato paste and Garam Masala, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8(at this point start removing any fat as it floats to the top) Remove from heat, taste and adjust seasonings, top with chopped cilantro and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Jalfrezi
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 47.2 g