a Chicken curry from Pakistan
Make and share this Chicken Jalfrezi recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500 g tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a medium pot and fry onion and garlic for a few minutes on high heat (be careful not to burn onion).
- add the chicken, turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- fry over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown, scraping the base of the pan frequently and turning the chicken.
- add tomatos, cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- uncover and simmer for 10 minutes so that excess liquid evaporates and the sauce thickens.
- add cumin, ground coriander, ginger and fresh coriander and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- serve hot with plain rice, pitas or naan bread.