Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from an old issue of Southern Living. It is creamy, spicy and will get even the most hesitant person to try spinach!
- 3 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add chicken, onions, scallions and cook until tender.
- Turn heat to low. Add soup, cumin and spinach (make sure spinach is very dry).
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Crush chips and place 1/2 in a casserole dish. Add half the chicken/spinach mixture. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Repeat all layers ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.