Prep 45 mins
Cook 22 mins
We love wraps and this one is very hearty and totally yummy.
- 4 slices uncooked bacon or 4 slices pancetta
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm cooked orzo pasta
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the bacon; cook for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- In same skillet, over high heat, add chicken and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Saute chicken for 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat; transfer the chicken using a slotted spoon, to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bacon to the chicken and stir to combine.
- Clean out the skillet and return it to the stove.
- Add in the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, flour, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Saute, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until the onions become soft.
- Add in the wine and cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the nutmeg and peas; cook 1 minute.
- Add the chicken mixture, cheese, and orzo; toss to combine.
- Spoon the mixture onto the tortillas; roll-up/wrap burrito style.
- Serve immediately.