Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Everyone in our house enjoyed this, but especially my son when he was a teenager.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, quartered
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup medium sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- On waxed paper, coat chicken pieces with flour.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter, cook chicken until browned on all sides.
- Stir in marinara sauce, sherry, 1 tablespoon parsley, seasoned salt and pepper and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover skillet and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender, basting occasionally with liquid in skillet.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Cook fusilli with salad oil as label directs; drain well; place on broil and serve platter.
- Arrange chicken on fusilli; spoon sauce from skillet over all.
- Place cheese slices over chicken.
- Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.