1 hr 30 mins
Everyone in our house enjoyed this, but especially my son when he was a teenager.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, quartered
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup medium sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1On waxed paper, coat chicken pieces with flour.
- 2In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter, cook chicken until browned on all sides.
- 3Stir in marinara sauce, sherry, 1 tablespoon parsley, seasoned salt and pepper and heat to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat to low; cover skillet and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender, basting occasionally with liquid in skillet.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- 6Cook fusilli with salad oil as label directs; drain well; place on broil and serve platter.
- 7Arrange chicken on fusilli; spoon sauce from skillet over all.
- 8Place cheese slices over chicken.
- 9Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1252.8
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 293.0 mg
- Sodium 1062.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 80.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: