Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Quick, easy and a family favorite.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle creamy Italian dressing
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- Combine Creamy Italian dressing, onion soup mix, mushrooms, bay leaf, and oregano; mix well.
- Place chicken pieces in a oblong baking dish.
- Pour dressing mixture over chicken pieces.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
I was looking for something simple, easy and quick. This was the answer. The chicken was moist on the inside. The flavor of the sauce was incredible. I especially loved the creamy Italian dressing. Made for a tasty dinner. Served with steamed veggies and salad. Thanks!!
Scrumptious!!! I love it when I find a recipe with just a few ingredients, that it easy to make and the end results taste so good. The dressing and onion soup mix gave a perky, zesty flavor. The chicken was very moist. Thanks Nurse Di.
The chicken certainly was moist but it didn't absorb any of the sauce's flavor. I was hoping for a more flavorful chicken. I may try this recipe in the crockpot next time.