Recipe by Derf
Nummy Chicken, great taste!! from Canadian Diabetes Association
Top Review by Steve P.
Being a Diabetic myself, as soon as I saw that this had come fro the Canadian Diabetic Assoc. I knew I had to try it. It's nice and flavorful. I used Part Skim Mozerella cheese so that cut a bit more fat off too. Great recipe Dorothy thanks for sharing it!
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons margarine, oil or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour tomatoes into blender or food processor.
- Add basil, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth.
- Melt margarine in large frypan.
- Saute garlic over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add chicken breasts, saute, turning once or twice until golden on both sides.
- Turn chicken fleshy side down and cover with tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove chicken and place fleshy side up, in a warm oven proof dish.
- Stir parsley into sauce and spoon over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella.
- Place under heated broiler 1 minute just until cheese melts.
- Diabetic- 1 chicken breast with sauce, 3 protein choices, 1/2 fruits and vegetables choice, 1 fats and oils choice.