Recipe by Ravenseyes
This is one of those soups you can create in 15 minutes by simply opening cans and some easy additions - 30 minutes later you have Zuppa
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 28 ounces chicken stock (College Inn or Swansons)
- 28 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes (2 - 14 oz cans)
- 1 (10 ounce) package chicken (Perdue short cuts Italian Grilled)
- 14 ounces frozen tiny peas (or 1 tin tiny peas)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 5 fresh basil leaves (torn not chopped)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat in a large skillet or pot add 2 tsps olive oil add onions, celery and garlic and cook till onions are tender. Add the pepper.
- Add chicken stock, oxo cubes, water and chicken that has been cut into 1/2 cubes. Cook for 10 minutes and add the tomatoes, basil and Italian seasonings.
- Add water and your pasta (uncooked) cook for 10 minutes and add your peas (canned or frozen).
- Serve with some fresh grated parmesan cheese and a slice of Italian bread - makes for a great meal. Bon Appetitto.