Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love to make this chicken casserole when I'm short on time. All you need to add is a salad and maybe some Italian bread and you have yourself a great tasting dinner
- 1 (4 lb) chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 stalk celery, cut in small chunks
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Brown the chicken in olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put celery and potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with browned chicken, onions, tomatoes 1/2 cup of water, oregano, and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add peas cover and cook on high 15 minutes.