1/1 Photo of Chicken in Yogurt and Almond Curry
A simple curry recipe for all days with a rich yogurt almond sauce. For this recipe I use stabilized yogurt and it works. If you don't have it, please for more informations read: http://www.indiacurry.com/faqhints/preventyogurtcurdling.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken (deskinned) or 4 chicken legs (deskinned)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (to taste!)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cups plain yogurt, if possible stabilized
- 3 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons almonds (ground)
- 1/4 garam masala (for topping)
- 1 tablespoon almonds, splits (for topping, roasted)
- 1Place chicken in a bowl and coat well with ginger and garlic.
- 2Heat the oil in a pot and roast at medium heat the chicken for about 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add chili, garam masala and coriander.
- 4Cook for 2 more minutes turning once.
- 5Add yogurt, cardamom, cloves and salt.
- 6Cook 5 minutes.
- 7Turn once the chicken and cook covered 20 more minutes.
- 8Add almond ground and cook additional 5 minutes or until through. If the sauce is not thick enough you can add more almonds ground or some roasted flour if you have.
- 9Place chicken with sauce on serving dishes and top with garam masala and almonds.
- 10Serve with rice or naans and vegetables of course!
- 11Note: To the spices you can add turmeric, ginger powder, cumin, curry leaves, bay leaves or simply more of the proposed quantities.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Yogurt and Almond Curry
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.6 mg
- Sodium 171.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: