Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is another recipe from my "Best of Mr. Food" cookbook. While it's really simple to make, the flavor is excellent. This is really good with steamed asparagus. Be sure to use the rose or white zinfandel wine as the sweetness of those wines gives this dish it's great flavor.
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skinned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rose wine or 1⁄2 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- hot cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place sliced mushrooms in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange chicken over mushrooms.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in olive oil and next 5 ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is done, basting occasionally.
- Serve over rice.