Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
Crock pot, sherry, chicken. Voila.
Make and share this Chicken in Wine (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77 g chicken parts (preferably breasts & thighs, but whatever you want works)
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml butter
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- fluffy rice
- Rinse chicken parts and pat dry.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, melt butter and quickly brown chicken parts. Place chicken in crock pot.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and mushrooms in skillet. Add sherry to skillet and stir, scraping to remove browned bits. Pour contents of skillet into crock pot over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours (HIGH 4 hrs).
- Serve chicken over fluffy rice and spoon sauce over top.
We enjoyed an excellent meal with this chicken, sauteed yellow turnips #85319, plum ketchup #64525, and rice and peas. Divine. Anyway, I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and when all ingredients were in crockpot I added a cup or so of pinot noir, enough to just about cover everything. The fragrance in the house that day was sublime. Now, the chicken did turn a dark colour because of the wine. I removed most of the skin from the chicken and the sauce wasn't overly greasy. Thanks!