Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Serve this with fluffy rice for a nice meal when you are gone all day
- 1360.77 g chicken parts (preferably breasts and thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 113.39 g can mushrooms, drained (sliced)
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- Rinse chicken parts and pat dry.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, melt butter, and quickly brown chicken parts.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place in crock pot.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a skillet.
- Add sherry and stir, scraping to remove brown particles.
- Pour into crockpot over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook LOW 8-10 hours.
- (or on high setting 3-4 hours).
This was an enjoyable and easy dish to prepare. I used 2/3 cup of wine for flavoring, as well as more onion and I added some garlic. My husband and I really liked the chicken but our young children did not (maybe too much wine?).
This smelled so good when we came home tonight, but I was a little disappointed with the flavor. It seemed to lack something, but I'm not sure what...maybe a little garlic. I would also skin the chicken before cooking it next time. We did enjoy the dish and I will make it again, but I'll probably do a little tweaking with the seasonings.