Recipe by Bluenoser
Serve this with fluffy rice for a nice meal when you are gone all day
Top Review by AttempttoChef
This was an enjoyable and easy dish to prepare. I used 2/3 cup of wine for flavoring, as well as more onion and I added some garlic. My husband and I really liked the chicken but our young children did not (maybe too much wine?).
- 3 lbs chicken parts (preferably breasts and thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken parts and pat dry.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, melt butter, and quickly brown chicken parts.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place in crock pot.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a skillet.
- Add sherry and stir, scraping to remove brown particles.
- Pour into crockpot over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook LOW 8-10 hours.
- (or on high setting 3-4 hours).