Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This kosher recipe is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't had time to try it yet, but it looks delicious. The source is The Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook - Traditional Recipes from Contemporary Kitchens - Barry Minowitz, Dix Hills Hadassah in New York contributed the recipe to the cookbook.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Use some cooking spray in a non-stick skillet, and brown chicken pieces until brown on both sides - about 6 - 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Place onion and garlic in the same skillet and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent - about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook another minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and cook another minute. Pour vegetable mixture evenly over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Delicious! The fresh flavors were wonderful, and it was really simple to make. Will definitely make again.
Very Good! Thank you for posting!
This was just WONDERFUL! It worked so well & I wanted to try it whilst the November 2006 topic of "Getting in to the Spirit of things" was still running!! I had my camera at the ready to take some GREAT photos, but my battery was dead & I had no more batteries.....however,it's gone into my Cheeky Chicken cookbook, so I'll submit a photo next time I make it! Thanks Nan for a great recipe with WINE!!