Recipe by PanNan
This kosher recipe is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't had time to try it yet, but it looks delicious. The source is The Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook - Traditional Recipes from Contemporary Kitchens - Barry Minowitz, Dix Hills Hadassah in New York contributed the recipe to the cookbook.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Use some cooking spray in a non-stick skillet, and brown chicken pieces until brown on both sides - about 6 - 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Place onion and garlic in the same skillet and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent - about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook another minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and cook another minute. Pour vegetable mixture evenly over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.