- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 -6 lb) roasting chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving 2 T. dripping in skillet. Chop bacon; reserve.
- Mix next 4 ingredients. Toss chicken pieces with flour mixture to coat. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, turning, until browned, 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken; drain fat from skillet. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring, until onions are softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in wine, scraping bits from bottom of pan. Return chicken to pan; add carrots, potatoes and bacon. Cover; on medium-low, cook 1 hour. Uncover; increase heat to medium-high; cook 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.