Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy meal that's healthy and quick.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In med bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Moisten chicken and dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet over med heat. Add the chicken and cook a few minutes on each side, until browned. Add the broth and wine. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Cover and bake 3o minute Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and parsley before serving.
One word - Excellent. I added a pinch of cayenne red pepper to the flour mix and sliced garlic after adding the liquid. So easy and tasty.
This was a very good dish, which I used a mix of breasts and thighs (to satisfy everyone's preferences). The wine sauce washed away all the flour coating, so the chicken pieces never really browned much. I will definitely make this dish again, but I will sprinkle some basil or oregano on the chicken during roasting time, because I thought the chicken needed a bit more seasoning. I used the wine sauce to flavor some plain white rice that we had with this dish, which made the rice positively delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe, mplsgirl.
I can't say enough nice things about this chicken! My boyfriend said "I think this is the best chicken I've ever eaten." I followed the recipe using a Sauvignon Blanc and it came out absolutely perfect. Moist, tender, delicious! Thank you. I like cooking different things all of the time, but this will show up on my table again soon!