1/3 Photos of Chicken in White Wine
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Posting for ZWT6 Britain from online at All British Food.com. This sounds so delicious. It states chicken quarters halved, which is really just chicken legs and thighs. Chicken is always a good choice for entertaining because it is so versatile and most people like it. Slowly cooked in white wine and given lots of flavour with garlic, herbs and bacon, it makes an ideal dinner party dish that is also quick and easy to prepare. Would recommend serving with pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces lean bacon, rinded and diced
- 1 lb white pearl onion, skinned
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 6 chicken quarters, halved
- 2 ounces plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (use fresh if you have it)
- 2 bay leaves
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1Fry the bacon in its own fat in a large frying pan until beginning to brown. Add the onions and fry until browned, then add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Transfer the bacon and vegetables to a flameproof casserole with a slotted spoon.
- 2Coat the chicken joints with the flour, seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat the butter and the oil in the frying pan, add the chicken and fry until browned all over. Transfer the chicken to the casserole.
- 3Gradually stir the white wine into the frying pan. Bring to the boil, scraping any sediment from the bottom of the pan, then pour over the chicken joints in the casserole.
- 4Add the chicken stock, garlic herbs and seasoning to taste to the frying pan. Bring to the boil, then pour over the chicken.
- 5Cover and cook in the oven at 170°C (325°F) mark 3 for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
- 6Skim any fat from the cooking liquid. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: