Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a basic old recipe in our household and I improved it over the years. Try it with other herbs! Excellent with pureed potatoes or French fries.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add chicken breasts and brown slightly.
- Separate breasts from pan into baking dish.
- Saute garlic, flour and oregano in same pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in wine and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at at 175-200 C until chicken is tender.
It's Fabulous! Wonderful tender chicken. I used basil instead of oregano and added 1/2 cup of chicken broth. I will probably try this with pork chops as well.
Very interesting new taste to a chicken. Easy to make.