Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe many years ago and adapted it to what we had on had and honestly, what I could find fairly cheaply. Every single person I have served it to loves it, and I do too! Add different fruits if you wish, just make sure you add softer fruits at the end and just heat through to avoid a broken up mess. Bananas should be just yellow so that they are sweet but hold their shape. The applesauce is supposed to be the chunky type, but I haven't been able to find that in the market in years, so use your own or just use the regular as listed. Boneless chicken thighs taste good here too, no need to use the more expensive boneless breasts. Mangos are good in here too, and any sort of berry is good. Frozen even works, but they are more fragile, so you have to be more careful about how you add them.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat 2 Tbls. Butter.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and cook in pan until done over medium heat. Remove chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all other ingredients (if using frozen berries they will add more juices when thawed). Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over chicken that was set aside with cooked rice.