Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is full of flavour, quick and easy to make - give it a try.
- 4 chicken portions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sauté chicken portions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and put in a casserole dish.
- Heat remaining oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add tinned tomatoes and herbs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken and bake for 45 minutes.
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I halved the spices. Even halved I thought the basil was a bit overpowering. I also added a good bit of salt and pepper. If I would make again, I would add some seasoning to the chicken directly.