1/1 Photo of Chicken in Tomato and Coconut Sauce
Tamatar Aur Nariyal Ki Murgh - From "Indian Cooking Without Fat." Serve with rice and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried coconut
- 5 fluid ounces boiling water
- 1/2 ounce fresh cilantro leaf, and stalks
- 1 -2 green chili, seeded
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces thick tomato puree ("passata")
- 8 ounces chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1Soak the coconut in the hot water for 10-15 minutes. Puree the coconut and its soaking water in a blender with the coriander, chilies, garlic, and ginger until smooth.
- 2Put the passata, chicken and salt in a saucepan, at least 12 inches in diameter, and place over medium heat. When the passata begins to bubble, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- 3Stir in the blended coconut mixture and heat until the sauce begins to bubble again, then cover the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 4Finally, add the half-and-half, cook for 1 minute and serve at once.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Tomato and Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 666.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: