Ransomed by Fire's Note:
This recipe was initially born from a mistake I made while attempting to make Luby's Chicken Lazone for the first time, and I've made a few more changes from there. It kind of reminds me of fettucine alfredo. It is very filling and can stretch a little bit of chicken a long way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine seasonings in a freezer bag, and coat chicken.
- 2Heat margarine over medium heat until melted and bubbly.
- 3Cook chicken in butter for 8 minutes, flipping once every two minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 5Turn down burner to make sure margarine doesn't overcook while you're cutting up the chicken; or, better yet, have someone else cut up the chicken for you so you can move on to the next step.
- 6Whisk flour into margarine until well combined.
- 7Add milk and stir.
- 8Add chicken pieces, and cook for about ten minutes to thicken, stirring and being careful not to boil.
- 9Serve over cooked noodles.
- 10NOTE: Since the sauce will probably be pretty thick, I recommend you either mix the noodles into it before serving or mix the pasta up on the plate to ensure even distribution of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "chicken in the Zone" Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 868.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 32.7 g