Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
very tender chicken soaked with flavor
- 3 lbs chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lime
- preheat oven to 350.
- grate lime peel and set it aside.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken and shake chicken in flour salt and paprika.
- brown chicken in olive oil.
- arrange in single layer in baking dish.
- combine lime peel and brown sugar and sprinkle mixture over the chicken.
- add wine and broth.
- cover and bake until tender 40-45 minutes.
I used 3 pounds (about 3 large breasts) of bone in chicken. The lime taste really came through. The meat was tender and juicy. My husband put cayanne on his. I also used about 2 tablespoons instead of the 2 teaspoon written. This looked beautiful and gave a different taste than baked chicken I've tasted before. I will for sure make this one again!
I used this on a whole chicken & roasted it in the oven. The resulting colour was lovely and the meat was tender. Very different taste for roast chicken, I think next time I will mix some of the sugar, lime etc together and push it under the skin of the chicken to help the flavours penetrate the meat better. Thanks!
Very, very good. It needed a tad more salt, but aside from that, I would not change a thing. Beautiful color on the bird as well.