Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Here is a simple recipe using clear heather honey and other flavours to create a tasty roast chicken dish. While heather honey is the best, other clear honey will suffice. recipe from rampantscotland.com
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 fluid ounces cooking oil
- 4 fluid ounces heather honey
- pepper (freshly ground black pepper if you have it)
- 3 ounces French mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Place the chicken in an oven-proof casserole dish. Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover the dish and cook in a pre-heated oven at 375F for an hour. Baste the chicken thoroughly with the juices and sauce and return to the oven for another half hour uncovered. The chicken will brown as a result. Serve with boiled or creamed/mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
This was amazing! I used boneless skinless thighs, so they were done much quicker than a whole bird. I will definitely be making this again; maybe with breasts or thighs in a skillet so the sauce can thicken up :-)
Excellent marinade, very simple and tasty. I will use it often. Everyone loved it
What a terrific chicken recipe Queen Dana, thank you for sharing it. We enjoyed this tasty dish very much. I used frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts and wildflower honey. They worked really well in this dish. The quick and easy to make chicken was perfectly cooked, flavorful and had great texture. I will be making this recipe again. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Great Britian.