Recipe by Chef Shadows
This is an original dish of mine that uses fresh baby spinach and chicken tenders. It is not a dieters dish!
Top Review by simplemom
WOW!! This was incredible. I always look for new things to do with chicken and I am so sorry I didn't find this sooner. You really did a great job knowing which ingredients would compliment each other. I don't even care that it may not be figure friendly, I'll just try not to make it every week, although it will be tempting:) The only thing I did not have were yellow onions, so I had to use scallions, still delicious. I'm excited to try some more of your originals.
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 ounces potato chips, crumbled
For the Spinach
- 5 ounces fresh whole spinach leaves
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken tenders in water and pat dry.
- Place in a zip lock sandwich bag.
- Add remaining ingredients for the chicken part of the recipe except the bacon grease , butter, and chips to the bag and seal. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook melt the bacon grease and butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat with the crumbled potato chips, save the marinade.
- Quick fry the tenders until done.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm between two dinner plates.
- Wash spinach and shake dry.
- Slice onion very thin.
- Chop garlic fine.
- Chop bacon.
- Add butter to fats remaining in skillet.
- Place onion , garlic, and bacon in skillet and saute until golden.
- Add spinach.
- Stir and mix until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the balsamic vinegar.
- Add the reserved marinade to the spinach mixture and continue to cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken tenders and mix in with spinach until heated back through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove spinach to dinner plates and top with the chicken tenders.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.