Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This fruity chicken sounds so good and refreshing! I can't wait to try it. From the thrift store church cookbook.
- 1 frying chicken, cut up (or breasts of chicken)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 apples, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken consomme
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and brown in butter.
- Combine consomme and cornstarch.
- Add potatoes, apples and raisins to chicken.
- Pour consomme mixture over chicken.
- Cook, covered over a medium flam for 20 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, pineapple, peaches, grapes and green pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bananas and simmer for 5 minutes more.