Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a twist on nachos! My husband made this as a bachelor.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 bag tortilla chips (to eat it with)
- combine chicken, soup, sour cream, salsa.
- layer mix,cheese and chips, two times.
- Put lid on and heat at 350 for 20-25 minutes or so untill cheese is bubbly.
- (this can be prepared on the stove top also cook on low/med).
Made with vegetarian chicken strips, and cream of broccoli. Used the 3/4 cup salsa and we still added more salsa and sour cream on our plates. Pretty good, but needs "something" Maybe a stronger cheese *used sharp cheddar*. Also had to cook for more like 45 minutes. After 30 it was still cold in the middle (made in 9x9) All and all very yummy ^.^
Very good. Reminded me of some versions of enchilada's, only easier to make as I didn't have to roll the mixture in a tortilla. I reduced the sour cream to 1/4 cup. Increased the salsa to 1/2 cup, and next time will try it with 3/4 cup. Added 3/4 cup frozen corn. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to use whole tortilla chips or not, so used coarsley crushed. I mixed everything together, and put in casserole dish. Topping with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar that I had reserved. Served with a dollap of sour cream. I think this would also make a great snack dip but would have to chop the chicken a bit finer.
My mom made this for our family growing up, and it was one of my favorites. Now, I make it for my family, and it's one of my hubby's favorites. Just so easy, quick, and yummy! I've made it using cream of mushroom as well, and it tastes great. We always serve it with refried beans.