Recipe by mammamia #2
Oh my! I found this in a magazine while waiting at a doctor's office. I tried it and my 17 year old daughter said it was "amazing." I have never been really fond of tarragon, but in this recipe, it's good.
Top Review by Rosalyn E.
SO GOOD!! I made this for my boyfriend who is very picky about good food. He loved every bite. We made a home pack of egg noodles and mixed it all together which was a no-no since we didn't have enough sauce. You may have leftover noodles but its important to have enough sauce on your plate :). I'm taking leftovers for lunch tomorrow and can't wait to eat it again.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (add thighs for more flavor)
- fresh pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (I think I used about 1 t of dried tarragon)
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked, drained, and buttered for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat 2 T oil.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Cook in a single layer until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Pour off skillet fat.
- Add remaining 1 T oil to skillet.
- Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add shallot, and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add wine, and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add stock, cream, mustard, and bring to boil; reduce heat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and tarragon and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Serve over cooked hot noodles.