Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty meal. From Rachael Ray. The rice with walnuts really adds wonderful flavor.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 (5 -7 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, cooked to package directions (recommended Uncle Ben's or Near East brands)
- salt and pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley leaves
- fresh edible flower (to garnish, available in produce section with herbs)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat extra-virgin olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown and cook chicken, 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover.
- Reduce heat a bit.
- Add vinegar and water, scrape up pan drippings.
- Stir in tomato paste, cream, half-and-half, or sour cream and tarragon.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss nuts and parsley with cooked rice.
- Slice chicken on an angle and arrange on a bed of rice.
- Top with sauce and serve.
- Garnish with edible flowers and tarragon.