Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 10 mins
I love this combination of flavors. This is from Food & Wine Magazine.
Make and share this Chicken in Tarragon Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 10 sprigs tarragon, plus
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 quarts rich chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy cream
- 1 bottle dry white wine (F&W recommends a French Sauvignon Blanc)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, each cut into drumsticks,thighs and breast halves on the bone
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- Tie the tarragon stems in a bundle.
- In a very large, heavy pot, combine the chicken stock with the cream, wine and tarragon stems.
- Bring to a boil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and bring to a boil, skimming.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the breasts are cooked through, 20 minutes.
- Transfer them to a platter and cover with foil.
- Continue to simmer the leg pieces until cooked through, about 20 minutes longer.
- Add the leg pieces to the breasts on the platter and cover with foil.
- Simmer the sauce over low heat until it has reduced by half, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Discard the tarragon stems.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the carrots until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the sauce.
- Add the carrots and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the tarragon leaves and serve in shallow bowls.
Very good! I used White Zinfadel and boneless skinless chicken thighs. I also used herbed chicken broth for stronger flavor.