Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is very kid-friendly...I know. Out of my six grandchildren, two are sooo picky that even pizza or hamburgers are taken apart! Remember..the nutritional facts are for the whole chicken.
- 1 large chicken, skinned and cut up
- 28.34 g onion soup mix (I use Lipton's)
- 510.29 g apricot preserves
- 59.14 ml honey
- 226.79 g bottle Russian salad dressing
- Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook uncovered in a 350F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or tiny pasta (I like orzo).
- Simple as it can get!
This is wonderful!!! The best!!! Absolutely my favorite chicken recipe from now on!! Thanks Happy Harry!
Since my DH is spending time in the hospital, I am searching for tasty and easy recipes to transport to him, and this is one that he really enjoyed. I used one whole chicken cut into pieces, made as directed, and transported two breasts with rice to him, he enjoyed the chicken so much, that I will be repeating it again today. What a wonderful chicken recipe, so few ingredients and so big on taste! Happy Harry I thank you very much for a delicious chicken recipe...Kittencal:)
We loved this recipe. I used a big pack of skinless, boneless chicken breasts and cut them up. I served it over orzo, as you mentioned you do. It was wonderful (and quite simple, too). Husband and kids agree. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing.