Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed,well-drained
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk (1.5%)
- In gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and all the pepper; add 1 chicken breast.
- Seal bag; shake to coat thoroughly.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer chicken to clean plate; set aside.
- In same skillet, combine curry powder, cumin and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in spinach and broth; bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, until flavours are blended.
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer spinach mixture to food processor; puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to skillet; stir in buttermilk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Return chicken to skillet; cook over low heat about 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and mixture is heated.