Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to prepare chicken, please adjust seasonings amount to your tastes. I serve this over brown rice or pasta. It also makes a good sandwich on toasted buns lightly smeared with garlic butter and fresh basil.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Puree sauce ingredients in blender, taste to adjust seasonings- set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Season chicken with black pepper and kosher salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet, saute till brown - about 2 minutes per side.
- Add tomato sauce from blender to skillet, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered turning chicken over once to cook through- about 10 minutes
- Remove chicken from skillet and cut crosswise into thin slices
- Continue to simmer the sauce until slightly thickened - about 5 minutes
- Return the chicken slices to the skillet and heat through