Easy to prepare chicken, please adjust seasonings amount to your tastes. I serve this over brown rice or pasta. It also makes a good sandwich on toasted buns lightly smeared with garlic butter and fresh basil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Puree sauce ingredients in blender, taste to adjust seasonings- set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet.
- 3Season chicken with black pepper and kosher salt.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 5Add chicken to skillet, saute till brown - about 2 minutes per side.
- 6Add tomato sauce from blender to skillet, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered turning chicken over once to cook through- about 10 minutes
- 7Remove chicken from skillet and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 8Continue to simmer the sauce until slightly thickened - about 5 minutes
- 9Return the chicken slices to the skillet and heat through
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 576.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 43.0 g