Recipe by Scandigirl
Bring the flavours of North India to your table with this chicken-and-vegetable dish. Garam Masala is a ground spic mixture often used in Indian cuisine to add another layer of flavour. It is available in many grocery stores.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry paste, mild
- 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic & ginger, stirring occasionally; for 3 minutes. Add jalapeno pepper, coriander and curry paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add spinach, tomato, stock and salt; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook for 7 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Stir in garam masala.