Recipe by English_Rose
Try this simple but tasty chicken dish, served with basil mash.
Top Review by susie cooks
We enjoyed this dish. The potatoes are wonderful! I never thought to make them that way but they are fantastic. I think the next time I make this I will either pan roast the garlic ahead of time or bake it ahead of time. It was not as soft as I think it should have been when the chicken was done. I served this with roasted asparagus. We will definitely make this again!!
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup sparkling wine
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 heads garlic, bulbs separated into cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 bunch fresh basil, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Place the chicken fillets in a large ovenproof dish. Toss with olive oil. A.
- dd the sparkling wine, lemon juice, lemon halves and garlic cloves. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the chicken dish. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter and cream until smooth. Mix in the basil. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Serve the chicken dish warm from the oven with the basil mash.