Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this sauce receipe from my nephew chef Simon who also adds mushrooms when he makes this. With or without mushrooms, this is a lovely creamy sauce which can be adapted to your own tastes eg toasted pine nuts, avocado, broccoli.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of water as per packet instructions.
- Chop chicken into bite sized peices Cook chicken in oil till cooked.
- Put aside.
- Melt butter and saute onion, garlic and red pepper till soft.
- Add paprika and stir through.
- Add wine and creme fraiche and stir through.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through ensuring chicken is thoughly cooked.
- Add salt.
- When spaghetti is cooked stir through the creamy chicken sauce.
- Sprinkle over parsley and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
This is a lovely dish that is definitely "company worthy". The chicken is moist and tender the creme fraiche gives it an elegant touch. I added broccoli for extra color. This is a winner, Tansy, thanks for sharing.
A nice pasta dish. Next time I'll also add some crushed red pepper flakes to kick it up a bit. Thanks for sharing.