Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Simply Delicious"- a cookbook of Employee Family Recipes. The recipe was submitted by Lill Schmidt of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 1 (7 ounce) packagelong spaghetti
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked peas (for color) (optional) or 1 cup shredded carrots (for color) (optional) or 1 cup pimiento (for color) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to package.
- Combine soup, milk, chicken and mushrooms in sauce pan; heat to boiling.
- Add cheese and allow to melt.
- Add peas, carrots, or pimentos if desired.
- Serve on hot, buttered spaghetti.
What a great different idea! I couldn't find shredded american cheese, so used a mild shredded cheddar--peas and pimentos---really good, fast supper. Thank you for posting this!
I made the sauce exactly as directed (without any veggies so DS would eat it) and stuck it in the freezer. To serve, I warmed it and cooked the spaghetti. Quick, easy and we all loved it. It will be a regular part of my OAMC. Thank you, Bec.