1 hr 25 mins
Sassy Syrah's Note:
This is a really tasty, low fat dish. If you don't have time to marinade the chicken, don't bother. It really needs at least one hour, even better with longer. It comes from a Family Circle cookbook entitled "healthy eating". Cooking time is listed as the marinading time. This is not the kind of dish that you can run off and do other things while cooking it. You really do need to stand there..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the mushrooms in a little boiling water, around 1/4 cup, for twenty mins.
- 2Drain, reserving the liquid.
- 3Remove the stalks and slice mushrooms thinly.
- 4Combine soy, rice wine, sesame oil and ginger in a bowl.
- 5Add chicken and coat well.
- 6Marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
- 7Bring a pot or wok filled with water to boil.
- 8The steamer is to sit on top, so select one that fits.
- 9Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper.
- 10Place chicken in steamer, reserving marinade.
- 11Put lid on and place over the boiling water.
- 12Steam for six minutes.
- 13Turn over and steam for an additional six minutes.
- 14While this is happening, prepare the bok choy.
- 15Wash it very well to remove all grit.
- 16Slice it into quarters lengthwise.
- 17Top the chicken with the bok choy, and steam for an additional 3 minutes.
- 18Do not overcook.
- 19Combine reserved marinade and mushroom liquid and mushrooms in a small saucepan.
- 20Boil for two to three minutes.
- 21Add enough stock to cornflour to make a smooth paste.
- 22Add paste and remaining stock to saucepan.
- 23Stir over a medium heat for 2 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- 24Serve on a bed of rice, and bok choy.
- 25Arrange mushrooms decoratively on the chicken and drizzle with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Soy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 753.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 45.8 g