WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is a Bette Hagman recipe. So few ingredients, yet such a rich meal. We made it dairy free also and everyone loved it, although hubby had to dig out the mushrooms! I cut the breasts into strips, although that makes it harder to brown than whole breasts. She says she serves mashed potatoes to put extra sauce over. Prep time depends on the chicken you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breast halves or 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons powdered cream soup (gluten free, see Gluten Free Cream Soup Base (Powdered))
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained (I drain and rinse them to reduce sodium)
- 1/2 cup golden sherry wine
- 1In a large skillet, brown the chicken in the olive oil.
- 2While the chicken is cooking, prepare the soup base. Mix the powdered soup base with the 1/4 C water in a small pan. Add chicken broth and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 3Add the mushrooms and the sherry. and pour over the browned chicken to cover.
- 4Reduce heat and cook until the chicken is tender.
- 5Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Sherry Sauce (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: