1/2 Photos of Chicken in Sherry Mushroom Sauce
Low cal nummy from Cooking Light (1988).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 283.49 g can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 59.14 ml dry sherry or 59.14 ml madeira wine
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1Place chicken broth in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup; set aside.
- 2Combine flour, salt and pepper, sprinkle over chicken.
- 3Coat a large frypan with cooking spray and place over medium high heat until hot.
- 4Add chicken, cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 5Remove chicken from frypan, and set aside.
- 6Wipe drippings from frypan with a paper towel.
- 7Add margarine, mushrooms and shallots to frypan, cook over medium high heat until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- 8Add sherry, and bring to a boil, add broth and cook 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
- 9Return chicken to frypan, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 10Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 11Cook sauce over high heat about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stir in parsley.
- 12Serve sherry mushroom sauce with chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Sherry Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 262.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 27.1 g