Recipe by Derf
Low cal nummy from Cooking Light (1988).
Top Review by papergoddess
Dorothy, this was like a bit of heaven on my plate!!! I made a slight modification to your recipe. My local market had skinless-boneless turkey breast which I sliced into cutlets and used instead of chicken. My kids won't eat mushrooms (can you believe that ?!?!), but they loved the sauce, and it left more mushrooms for hubby and I. I served it with a rice pilaf and broccolli, and they all raved about this one! Wonderful recipe.
- 283.49 g can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 59.14 ml dry sherry or 59.14 ml madeira wine
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken broth in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper, sprinkle over chicken.
- Coat a large frypan with cooking spray and place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from frypan, and set aside.
- Wipe drippings from frypan with a paper towel.
- Add margarine, mushrooms and shallots to frypan, cook over medium high heat until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry, and bring to a boil, add broth and cook 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
- Return chicken to frypan, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook sauce over high heat about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stir in parsley.
- Serve sherry mushroom sauce with chicken breasts.