Recipe by 3KillerBs
This is the first thing I'll make when our remodel is over and I have an oven again. So easy, so healthy, so inexpensive, and such a favorite with kids and adults alike. Pretty enough on the plate for a dinner party, but hearty enough to feed the guys on game day. You can substitute hot or mild salsa to suit your individual tastes.
- 8 chicken pieces (I prefer thighs)
- 8 tablespoons medium hot salsa (Use a little more for breasts)
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the skin from the chicken pieces. If you leave it on it will NOT crisp but rather will become unpleasantly soggy -- even downright rubbery.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a baking sheet.
- Top each piece with a tbs of your favorite salsa. I prefer the Pace brand and usually use medium heat.
- Bake at 350 about 45-60 minute or until chicken is tender.
- Top each piece with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browning.
- I like to serve these with either white rice or cornbread and a green salad.