Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is quick enough for after work and nice enough for company's coming. This is nice served with green bean or sauteed cabbage, and noodles. Recipe adapted from the Chicago Tribune 'Good Eating'.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup riesling wine or 1 cup other good white wine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper on a plate. Coat chicken on all sides with the flour mixture.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook, turning, until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; turn heat to high. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in riesling, scraping up browned bits on bottom of pan. Cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream; heat 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Return chicken to the sauce; turn to coat. Heat to warm, about 2 minutes.
- This is great served over noodles.