1/1 Photo of Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar
Aunty Dotty's Note:
From Patricia Wells' Bistro Cooking, a classic French dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the seasoned chicken in batches in the butter with a bit of oil as well to stop it burning.
- 2Drain fat from skillet and return chicken to skillet.
- 3Slowly pour the vinegar into the hot pan to deglaze. Stand back from fumes!
- 4Over med-high heat, reduce the vinegar by about half, turning chicken periodically to bathe it.
- 5Add tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer gently until flavours melded and mingled, about 20 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from heat, set aside the chicken and keep warm.
- 7In the pan, whisk in a knob of butter for a beautiful shiny sauce.
- 8Pour the sauce over the chicken and then strew with herbs.
- 9Enjoy with a potato gratin or creamy mash and steamed green beans ( for example ).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.5
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 204.8 mg
- Sodium 357.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 45.0 g